is archive


How to Avoid Guardianship Pitfalls

This document discusses 1) common issues related to guardianships and the law that addresses each of these issues, 2) the court’s authority and a person’s rights with respect to modifying or terminating a guardianship, and 3) some practical tips for individuals who support people with guardians.

How to Change, Remove, or Report a Representative Payee

This publication is for adult SSA beneficiaries and explains how a beneficiary can ask SSA to change or remove a representative payee and how a beneficiary can report a representative payee for misuse of funds.

How to Modify, Terminate, or Complain about a Guardianship

Learn about the procedures to use under Washington State Law to modify, terminate or complain about a guardianship.

External Links

Northwest Justice Project, CLEAR Hotline

CLEAR is the statewide intake line for free and low-cost civil legal aid in Washington. Individuals with low incomes and legal issues may receive legal resources, information, and referrals to legal services providers in their geographic area. In King County, individuals may access these services by calling 2-1-1. Otherwise, individuals may reach CLEAR by calling 1 (888) 201-1014 or use the online intake form on the website. Seniors (people age 60 and over) can access intake by calling CLEAR*Sr at 1 (888) 387-7111. Veterans may dial 1 (855) 657-8387.