Pam’s Rules for Working with Legislators
- CARAMEL MACHIATTO, PLEASE.
Take the time to get to know your legislators- before the session!
- TOWN HALL = THE NEW WATERING HOLE
Stay up to date on happenings and learn from your peers.
- TVW: NOW THAT’S THE WAY TO STREAM!
Step aside Netflix!
- THE LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANT IS YOUR FRIEND.
They care about your issue and are the key to your success.
- BUILD A BRIDGE, DON’T BURN IT.
Burning bridges can be unintentional but deadly.
- “WINGING IT” IS FOR CHICKENS
- WHAT A BIO!
Learn about your elected officials and your commonalities.
- GETTING TO YES
Don’t forget to get clear confirmation!
- NOW, WHAT?
If they say yes, then what? If they say no, then what?
- NO BUSINESS IN THE BATHROOM
Legislative business pauses upon entry and resumes upon exit.
Permission to reprint this publication is granted by the author, DRW, provided that the publication is distributed free of charge and with attribution. If you do disseminate any DRW document, please send us an email to email@example.com letting us know the nature of the audience and number of people with whom it was shared.