is archive


2019 Patient Rights at Washington State Hospitals

DRW's Treatment Facilities program has updated its publication, "Patient Rights at Western State Hospital and Eastern State Hospital." This booklet provides information about the rights of both civil patients and forensic patients who are at the adult psychiatric hospitals run by the State of Washington: Western State Hospital and Eastern State Hospital.

How to Change, Remove, or Report a Representative Payee

This publication is for adult SSA beneficiaries and explains how a beneficiary can ask SSA to change or remove a representative payee and how a beneficiary can report a representative payee for misuse of funds.

How to File a Complaint Against a Health Care Provider or Facility

Learn about the different ways a person can file a complaint against an individual health care provider or a health care facility in Washington state.

How to Modify, Terminate, or Complain about a Guardianship

Learn about the procedures to use under Washington State Law to modify, terminate or complain about a guardianship.

Working With a Public Defender in Criminal Cases

Learn how to get, work with, and resolve conflicts with a public defender.