OFFICE & VOLUNTEER MANAGER
Full-Time, Non-Exempt Employee
People with disabilities, Black, indigenous, and people of color, formerly institutionalized or incarcerated, and those from other oppressed groups and all protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. Disability Rights Washington looks forward to reviewing all applicants, including applicants who have concerns about how accepting this job could affect their eligibility for Medicaid or other programs.
Disability Rights Washington seeks an Office and Volunteer Manager to provide: 1) support for our volunteer board of directors, advisory councils, and committees; and 2) Supervise office assistants. This position will be fully remote to start due to COVID and will be based in either our Olympia, Seattle or Spokane office as practices return to normal when it is safe to do so in the future.
Volunteer Board, Advisory Councils, and Committees Support
Provide logistical support for at least 5 separate groups (approximately 50 individual people) with regular meetings – Board of Directors, Disability Advisory Council (DAC), Mental Health Advisory Council (MHAC), Joint Planning and Evaluation Committee (JPEC) and the Board Executive Committee. Most meetings are quarterly and involve evening and weekend work. The logistical support includes:
- Travel Arrangements (expense reimbursements, reservation assistance)
- Create meeting(s) timeline, prepare and distribute meeting notification, correspondence, and agenda materials
- Book ASL interpreters, CART captioning, and other accommodations to make the meetings accessible
- Maintenance of website for use by volunteers (Boardable platform)
- Run the virtual meetings on the Zoom platform – troubleshooting and Zoom experience is required
- Meeting Prep (board packets and room setup), attendance, taking minutes, and wrap up (currently virtual – in-person at a date TBD)
- Establish working relationship with the Board of Directors Chair and committee chairs in verbal, written, and electronic correspondence
- Make initial contact with potential new board and council members and volunteers and let them know current openings, opening cycles, and upcoming opportunities to get involved
Office Assistant Support and Supervision Management
- Supervise Office Assistants (currently 3 staff members)
- Maintain phone duty schedule
- Perform assigned accounting internal control functions
- Perform backup phone duty
- Track and maintain client database
- Data entry
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive
- Ability to collaborate and work well with people from various backgrounds and identities including people with disabilities, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, adults, youth, people with varied educational and lived experiences.
- Ability to identify creative solutions for problems that arise
- Ability to develop, organize, and implement office procedures and systems
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, communication, composition, and prioritizing skills
- Board of directors contact on behalf of Executive Director
- Advanced computer skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, Zoom Rooms
- Ability to concisely and accurately record and compose minutes for board meetings
- Ability to present information and data concisely and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage in-person events
Education and/or experience:
- 4-6 years in a support position
- Progressive leadership, supervision, or responsibility
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
- Preference for experience working with a Board of Directors and/or board appointed committees
- Experience regularly, if not exclusively, working with people with disabilities or other marginalized populations.
- Continual exposure to new tasks
- Multiple projects and timeframes occur at once
- Standard work week is 35 hours. There may be significant time constraints that create the need for a flexible schedule during certain time periods.
- Work will be remote to start due to modified office practices resulting from COVID – will move to in-person at a future date.
Disability Rights Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Disability Rights Washington encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals from all race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status backgrounds.
Disability Rights Washington is a private nonprofit organization that advocates for the rights of people with disabilities across Washington. We are designated by the governor as the independent federally-mandated protection and advocacy system for Washington State. As such, Disability Rights Washington promotes, expands, and protects the human and civil rights of people with disabilities. For information about us, please visit http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/.
Please fill out the online application below. Requirements are a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts. You may also mail your application to: Disability Rights Washington, 315 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 850, Seattle, WA 98104 Attn: Jodi Rose. Reasonable accommodations for any portion of the application or interview process are available at request. You may email accommodation requests to Jodi Rose or call 206.324.1521. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Position Title: Office and Volunteer Manager
- Company Name: Disability Rights Washington
- Location: Remote to start and then in the either our Seattle, Spokane, or Olympia office
- Posted: August 25, 2020
- Education and Experience required: Administrative Support experience, communications, and virtual meeting coordination knowledge, see full description for more detail.
- Job Category: Administrative/Management Support
- Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
- Salary $48,500 for 4 years of relevant experience and cap of $50,500 for 6 or more years of experience. Generous benefits including 401k contribution, health, dental and vision care, and vacation and sick leave.