Seeking a passionate storyteller with a dedication to human rights.
Rooted in Rights seeks a Video Editor to support our various video advocacy projects. The Editor will work with the Lead Editor, Lead Producer, Program Director and other members of the creative team to create short social media focused videos, explainer motion graphics, short documentaries and other video and creative content as needed.
The issues we work on deserve the best stories we can tell. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes storytelling, loves the editing and design process, and shares our commitment to media that is universally accessible.
We produce videos on a constant basis and are looking for someone who likes challenges and can keep multiple projects organized at the same time.
This is a full time position based out of our offices in Seattle, WA, beginning July 2018.
People with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people as well as people in all protected classes are encouraged to apply. Rooted in Rights looks forward to reviewing all candidates who are interested in this position, including applicants who may have concerns about how accepting this job could affect their eligibility for Medicaid or other programs. If offered this position, Rooted in Rights will work with the applicant to help find a solution that accommodates this concern.
- 1-3 years of fast-paced short-form video post production, with at least some proven experience with non-profit, NGO or advocacy videos.
- Knowledge of or first hand experience specifically with disability rights issues is a plus, but applicants absolutely must have a passion for human rights broadly.
- Excellent storytelling skills. Be able to mold footage into engaging content appropriate for the audience and venue.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Be able to take feedback from organization stakeholders and implement changes according to direction.
- Willingness to wear many hats, and work collaboratively on a team, while being able to work self-directed when necessary.
- Knowledge of media codecs and exporting
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop. Proficiency with After Effects and other apps a plus.
- Experience with creating accessible media, including captioning and audio description, a plus.
- Ingest, transcode, and organize media.
- Perform video editing, sound mix, color correction, and final delivery for short videos.
- Implement changes based on notes.
- Prepare deliverables for various outlets – Facebook, YouTube, screenings, etc.
- Participate in pre-production discussions.
- Maintain brand consistency on all deliverables.
- Help maintain footage library.
- Ensure maximum accessibility on all products.
- Pitch in on other creative content as necessary
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and a link to three recent whole videos that showcase your editing work. Reels are optional. Reasonable accommodations for any portion of the application or interview process are available upon request.
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
Salary is $40,000/year + excellent benefits: health and dental coverage, ORCA pass or parking subsidy, Costco membership, and generous paid time off plus a paid hiatus between Christmas and New Year’s that does not count towards your PTO.
Job is full time at our Seattle office in the International District.
You can view our previous work at https://www.rootedinrights.org/videos/
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. Rooted in Rights reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
Rooted in Rights is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Rooted in Rights encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Rooted in Rights undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
Rooted in Rights is a program of Disability Rights Washington (DRW), a private non-profit organization that protects the rights of people with disabilities statewide. Our mission is to advance the dignity, equality, and self-determination of people with disabilities. We work to pursue justice on matters related to human and legal rights. More about DRW at http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/