The Northwest ADA Center, located within the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Washington, is conducting a study on Health Care Access for people with disabilities. The goal of this research is to gain an understanding of the barriers and ways of improving access.
The Northwest ADA Center at the University of Washington is conducting a new research study on Health Care Access.
You may qualify if you are:
- A person with a disability*
- At least 18 years old
- Have needed health care within the last 12 months
- Live in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, or Washington
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) sets out guidelines for health care access for people with disabilities, health conditions, or aging.
- This study aims to capture experiences in accessing health care as it relates to the ADA.
- Participants will be asked to complete a short eligibility screening questionnaire.
- The full survey asks about participant’s demographics and their experiences in accessing health care.
- This is a one-time survey that can be completed online, over the phone, or on a paper survey.
- Participants will be eligible for a drawing of $50 Amazon eGift cards.
- The ADA is over 25 years old but barriers still remain. The goal of this research is to find out where those barriers exist and ways of improving access.
- Participate online by going directly to: http://nwadacenter.org/study
- Participate over the phone or via paper survey: 866-495-7015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call or email if you have questions!
*Disabilities can include any difficulty you are experiencing due to health conditions or aging, such as having difficulty seeing, hearing, communicating, thinking or walking.