Seeking Part-Time Office Assistant in Spokane office of disability rights nonprofit
People with disabilities, people of color, and those from other marginalized or oppressed groups and all protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. Disability Rights Washington looks forward to reviewing all applicants, including applicants who have concerns about how accepting this job could affect their eligibility for Medicaid or other programs.
Office Assistant Sought
Disability Rights Washington seeks a part-time Office Assistant to work 20 hours per week in our Spokane Office and perform duties from the list below as assigned. There is some flexibility on work hours, but the work must be within our regular work week of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday. There may be occasional work on Saturdays or evenings to provide logistical support for meetings (negotiable).
Technical Assistance Support Duties
- Maintains caller and visitor confidentiality
- Maintains publication inventory and tracks publication distribution in database
- Provides timely mailing assistance to resource advocacy staff
- Replies to general information requests with accurate information
- Does data entry
Accounts Payable Related Data Entry
- Data entry related to credit card purchases and invoice payments
- Data entry related to staff expense reimbursements
- Performs internal controls and segregation of accounting duty functions to the extent assigned
Backup Receptionist Duties when Seattle Office needs it
- Answers general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Assures the reception area and the phones area are always staffed
- Directs phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Greets clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
Office Administration Duties
- Ensures office equipment is in working order
- Codes and files material according to the established procedures
- Maintains mail, check and copier logs
- Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Responsible for general office upkeep (cleaning kitchen, loading dishwasher), watering of plants, etc.
- Demonstrated data entry skills
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of word processing, file maintenance, travel arrangement, project administration, time management, report maintenance and design, and purchasing
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures and use these principles in the performance of their duties
- A commitment to civil rights and inclusive communities
Equal Opportunity Employer
Disability Rights Washington values diversity of culture, disability and other life experiences, and is an equal opportunity employer by choice. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, religion, race, color, citizenship, veteran status, or disability. We endorse and support the intent of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are applicants or employees who need accommodations.
Disability Rights Washington is a private nonprofit organization that advocates for the rights of people with disabilities across Washington. We are designated by the governor as the independent federally-mandated protection and advocacy system for Washington State. As such, Disability Rights Washington promotes, expands, and protects the human and civil rights of people with disabilities. For information about us, please visit: www.disabilityrightswa.org.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to the attention of Jodi Rose at Disability Rights Washington, 315 5th Ave S, Ste 850, Seattle, WA 98104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. All applications received by February 26, 2018 will be considered.
Vacation, holiday and sick pay prorated to % of hours worked out of 40 per week.