Request DRW services
Disability Rights Washington (DRW) has attorneys and law student interns who provide technical assistance to thousands of individuals with disabilities or their advocates at no cost. Technical assistance services include:
- general information about legal rights;
- strategies about how to become a stronger self-advocate;
- community education and training;
- legal services for disability rights violations; and
- information sheets on a wide range of subjects that can empower individuals with disabilities to better advocate for themselves. View our Self-help information sheets.
DRW attorneys and interns are available to talk with you between the hours of 9:00 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm Monday through Friday. We schedule a few phone appointments each day and the rest of the day is open calling. We receive dozens of calls a day, and as such may not be available to take your call right away. You may be asked to call back later in the day or make a phone appointment for later in the week.
Please be aware that if you call our office when we are closed, your message will not be returned.
(800) 562-2702 or (206) 324-1521 Voice
(800) 905-0209 or (206) 957-0728 TTY
Interpreters are available via AT&T Language Line.
Collect calls from correctional facilities are accepted.
U.S. Postal Mail or Fax
You may send a written request to us via U.S. Postal mail or by fax:
Disability Rights Washington
315 - 5th Avenue South, Suite 850
Seattle, WA 98104
Fax - 206-957-0729
DRW does not accept email requests for technical assistance services.
People sending email to DRW have a reasonable expectation of privacy. However, DRW does not use encryption, and all email coming to DRW is routed through a third party internet service provider (ISP) before it reaches DRW. Although it is unlikely that an ISP will intercept and review a message, it is a possibility, especially if a message is incorrectly addressed and "bounced back" to the sender. Therefore, you may want to consider alternative methods of accessing our services if you are concerned about confidentiality.
DRW cannot provide direct assistance in the following situations:
- Criminal law
- Family law
- Assistance becoming the guardian of an individual with a disability
- Out-of-state issues
- Workers compensation
- General medical malpractice & personal injury
- General consumer bankruptcy issues
- Any issue or problem not directly related to your disability
- Assistance finding employment, housing or financial assistance
- Assistance filling out forms & Social Security applications
- Anything that is not the wish of the person with the disability
Advocate in a timely manner
Please be aware that there are certain time limits or deadlines to file a complaint, a lawsuit, or take legal action. Read more about advocating in a timely manner.