Now hiring: Creative Production Assistant
Now hiring: Full Time Creative Production Assistant in Seattle, WA office
Applications are due by Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017
Rooted in Rights, the video and social media project of Disability Rights Washington, seeks a full time Creative Production Assistant to support the production of our creative projects including videos, blog posts, publications, social media campaigns, and multimedia projects. Candidates should have a significant interest in human rights and a belief in our mission: To tell authentic, accessible stories that empower our community to advocate for disability rights.
Ideal candidates already possess basic video production skills and are looking for the opportunity to grow their existing skillset in a fast-paced environment. The Creative Production Assistant must be capable of working on multiple projects and comfortable learning new equipment and software quickly. The Production Assistant will aid Rooted in Rights staff at every step of the production process, from planning to filming to editing.
People with disabilities, people of color, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply. Rooted in Rights looks forward to reviewing all candidates who are interested in this position, including applicants who may have concerns about how accepting this job could affect their eligibility for Medicaid or other programs. If offered this position, Rooted in Rights will work with the applicant and connect them to resources to help find a solution that accommodates this need.
Duties may include:
- Assisting on shoots: setting up or operating cameras, assembling green screens, handling grip and lighting equipment, setting up and running teleprompters
- Assistant editing: organizing, transcribing, ingesting and stringing out footage.
- Creation of social media content – memes, video excerpts, etc.
- Researching, collecting and organizing archival assets
- Ensuring accessibility of videos through captioning and audio description.
- Researching and casting for upcoming projects.
- Other support duties: setting up for meetings and trainings, tracking production paperwork, booking travel.
- Demonstrated basic experience with video production
- Demonstrated basic experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Additional training will be provided on additional apps
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, Trello desired
- Interest in disability rights and human rights.
- Eligible to work in the USA.
- Experience using Mac OS.
The Production Assistant position is full time, Monday - Friday in our office in downtown Seattle. Occasional night and weekend work. Some travel within the U.S. is possible.
40k per year. Excellent benefits. Job begins December 2017.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Use subject line “Creative Production Assistant”
- Include a personalized cover letter explaining 1) your production experience and 2) interest in disability rights issues.
- Attach your resume.
Applications are due by Nov. 22, 2017.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. Rooted in Rights reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
Rooted in Rights is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Rooted in Rights encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Rooted in Rights undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
Rooted in Rights is a project of Disability Rights Washington, a private non-profit organization that protects the rights of people with disabilities statewide. Our mission is to advance the dignity, equality, and self-determination of people with disabilities. We work to pursue justice on matters related to human and legal rights